At C + K Family Lawyers, we know that the thought of the costs of a lawyer can be daunting which is why we offer fixed fee services. With fixed fee services, you will be able to better plan and budget for your upcoming legal costs with certainty. When you come for your initial consultation, we will discuss the specifics of your matter and what it is you are wanting to achieve. During that appointment we will be able to provide you with a quote for the stage that follows and if possible, any further stages.
We believe fixed fees result in a focus on resolving matters in an efficient and effective manner with all efforts made to achieve the client’s goal as quickly as possible. All initial consultations are offered at a reduced hourly rate.
Please note not all matters can be offered a fixed fee due to the complexity and nature of the work needed to resolve the matter.
HOW TO BE COSTS CONSCIOUS IN YOUR FAMILY LAW MATTER
We want to work with you to ensure that your legal costs are kept to a minimum and that you receive the most cost effective service and representation.
There a number of ways that we can achieve this:
- Discuss with you options at each stage of your matter, determine the likely cost and decide the next step. You may elect for a fixed fee (where available) or for work to be completed on a time-costed basis.
- Educate you about how to reduce any unnecessary legal costs. For example, there may be tasks that otherwise we would complete, that you are able to do instead. We will discuss these possibilities with you throughout your matter.
- Collaborate with you to ensure the scope of work to be completed is clear and strictly followed so the matter stays on track and any queries or concerns are communicated openly.
- Not charging for attendances, at our discretion and due to circumstances that may arise in your matter.
- Keeping you informed with regular costs updates.
At the end of the day, we want our costs to be an open and transparent process for you and are committed to working with you to achieve this goal.